What is a Linux Distribution?
Well, now as you know that Linux is open-source, free to use kernel. It is used by programmers, organizations, profit and non-profit companies around the world to create Operating systems to suit their individual requirements.
- Below software’s are required to download of Linux installation.
- virtualbox software or vmware software
- Linux ISO file
|How to install Ubuntu on virtual machine.|
This post we are going to used virtualbox for Linux installation steps
- Download a Linux OS ISO image file from internet.
- Download virtualbox and install in your system.
- Enter into BIOS setting and make CD/DVD Drive as first boot device
- Insert the RHEL 6 CD/DVD into CD/DVD drive and boot the system
- Click on new.
- Create virtual Machine: In this windows just assign your VM name and select which type of your OS
- Now select Hard Disk type
- Here you select dynamically allocated
- Here you can select your vm location and size.
- Now your VM is ready.
- Go to VM settings and select your IOS image file, which one you downloaded . Go to optical Drive and select ios.
- Now you start your vm
- Here you select your language and install Ubuntu.
- In this windows if you want install third party software then select third party check box or else continue.
- Installation type: click on use LVM with new Ubuntu installation check box and install now
- Here you select your country name and continue.
- Here you can select your vm keyboard language
- Give your name and password and continue.
Leave your message if anything missed and we appreciate your comments.